LEXDEN METHODIST CHURCH
Notices for Week Commencing 15th March 2020
Third Sunday in Lent
Introit ‘May the Mind of Christ my Saviour’ H&P 739 v 1
A very warm welcome to you especially if you are a visitor or will be joining us during the week through the Recording Ministry and to Brian Clow who is leading our worship this morning.
Please stay for refreshments afterwards in the Garling Room.
Recording Ministry – if you would like a DVD of our service today please speak to one of the stewards to obtain a copy.
Prayer Requests – Please remember all those on our prayer list.
Please pray for our Circuit Ministers Rev Joe Adams, Rev Ken Chalmers and Rev Alan Jenkins.
Continue to pray for all others who are in any way troubled, lonely, unwell or bereaved and anyone else who needs our prayers.
PRAY WITHOUT CEASING
(1 Thessalonians 5:17)
During Lent we are encouraging everyone to give up something for Lent. Why not give up a tin or a packet of soup every Sunday throughout Lent in support of the Colchester Soup Kitchen. There is a box in the entrance vestibule for your donations.
Covid-19 Coronavirus – please read the statement from Rev Joe Adams and be aware of Government and NHS recommendations.
Coronavirus Advice 12th March 2020
1. It is absolutely vital that you wash your hands with soap and water often and/or use hand sanitiser gel. All servers at Holy Communion MUST use hand sanitiser.
2. Older members and those with medical conditions causing weaker health and greater vulnerability should not attend church for the time being. This is an act of mutual care and concern, and is not a desire that people ‘give up’ Church.
Services are recorded at Wimpole Road every week and will be available on the Internet usually the same or the next day. Services are recorded at Lexden every week too. Both can we shared easily and widely.
If you are missing and want access to these let one the stewards or myself know.
I am willing to send out orders of service, prayers and sermons used each week to all who are missing if they want them. Let me or one of the stewards know and we will do this.
3. Even if you would normally go to church with a cold at this time do not. Follow the best medical advice and stay at home. The virus may not be dangerous to those who are well but soldiering on will put at risk those who are not as strong or well as you so if you are unwell please don’t come to Church.
4. For the time being please do not shake hands or embrace on the way in, out, or within the Church.
5. While the risk of spreading the virus remains these rules must be kept for when Holy Communion is served – Bread should be prepared by one person who has thoroughly washed their hands before cutting the bread up in to small pieces; wine /juice must be in small glasses and these must be picked up by those receiving not servers.
As is always the case communion wine once poured MUST NEVER be put back in the bottle.
6. For the time being Pastoral Visiting should be done via the telephone not in person. If in doubt refer to me.
Revd Joseph Neil Adams
Colchester Methodist Circuit 34/6
Bedfordshire, Essex, and Hertfordshire Methodist District
DIARY OF SERVICES AND EVENTS
1:00 – 4:00pm – Friendly Tea Club Fish and Chip Lunch
9:30 – 11:30am – Spanish Class using the Garling Room
9:30 – 9:50am – Morning Prayer
10.00 to 11.30am – Time for Tots
10:00am – 12noon – Ukulele Group using the Church
Next Sunday 22nd March
11:00am – Worship led by Jo Eckersley
Circuit Study Day at The Ark will now be on Saturday 4th April. Further details and sign-up sheet to follow.
If you are visiting us for the first time please add your name to our Visitor’s Book which is on the bookcase in the entrance vestibule. Many thanks.
Contacts – If you need prayer or help in any way please contact your pastoral visitor or you can call Rev Joe Adams on 331413 or Rev Alan Jenkins on 793888 or Rev Ken Chalmers on 545253.